AMA Wichita held an Email Marketing 101 presentation at Envision today featuring Abbey Buergler of Barkley Agency in KC. Contrary to growing belief, email is not dead. For every $1 spent on email marketing, businesses profit an average of $20! We crammed information along with a delicious deconstructed Cobb salad as Abbey broke down the best strategies for email marketing based on Barkley’s own research and data. Below 👇are our own deconstructed takeaways from the informative lunch.
Thanks for feeding our bellies and our brains! 🍽️🧠
- Design – use 40:60 ratio of text to imagery.
- Writing – Batman is the subject line and Robin is the pre-header! 🦇🐦 Clarity trumps clever in subject lines!
- Reach – NEVER buy email addresses! Grow your list organically with signup forms or popovers displaying benefits.
- Level up – use your data to personalize, segment to like-minded users, narrow down interests, send automated emails.
- Test, test, and test again! – create a hypothesis with variables including the effectiveness of words, colors of buttons, etc. After all, isn’t marketing one big ongoing science experiment?
Julie Hannemann, Lee Media Group