- This event has passed.
Hitting Marketing Out of the Park: A Wichita Wind Surge Insider Perspective
October 21 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
About this event
Katie Woods has spent more than a decade in minor league baseball, but this season was unlike any other. Not only did she move halfway across the country to join the Wichita Wind Surge’s leadership team as the Director of Marketing & Community Engagement, she did so just before the team’s inaugural season in the new Riverfront Stadium. In this session, she’ll recount the challenges and opportunities she faced – including the sometimes daily curveballs thrown at her due to the pandemic. Marketers in any industry can learn from the lessons in multi-channel marketing, relationship-building, community engagement, and adjusting on the fly.
In this presentation, you’ll learn:
- The unique opportunities and challenges in sports marketing
- The challenges and lessons in building a new ballpark and engaging a new community
- How to leverage community and corporate partnerships
- How to create an event that keeps people talking (and coming back)
- How to create a layered marketing strategy
- How to use social media and local influencer relationships to amplify marketing efforts
- How to adjust on the fly
- The elements of the Wind Surge’s one-week playoffs marketing plan