At INTRUST Bank, relationships are at the core of all we do. Which is why we focus on fostering positive relationships not just with our customers, but also with each other. INTRUST Bank recognizes and celebrates employees for their individual character, value and potential, with a focus on developing the unique talents each team member brings to the table. It’s something we’ve learned firsthand over the decades; focus on people, and the rest will fall into place to create an environment built on respect, understanding and most of all – trust.
The Social Media & PR Coordinator is responsible for building positive impressions of INTRUST and for extending the reach of all marketing strategies through management of social media and PR activities. He or she is also expected to identify opportunities for and produce content to be used in PR and social media as well as in other communication channels. Promotes an environment of teamwork within the department and across the bank. Represents INTRUST Bank in all he or she does in the community, and is focused on the development of new business relationships. Must maintain strict standards of confidentiality, and perform duties in a manner supporting INTRUST’s character qualities.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, and overall online reputation.
- Create and calendar content appropriate for specific social networks and owned communication channels which is in alignment with brand or marketing strategies.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors and industry.
- Effectively manage customer relations by responding to consumers, managing online feedback and dialogues, and as needed escalating customer service issues, patterns, and opportunities.
- Connect with media outlets, developing strong relationships through value added activities.
- Serve as primary contact with media and coordinate the bank’s response through appropriate bank leaders.
- Develop PR strategies for events, speaking engagements, marketing initiatives and leadership visibility.
- Analyze media coverage; develop responses when needed.
- Support crisis communications, including responsibility for creation and distribution of community messages and emergency alerts.
- Work directly with agency partner to develop and execute social and PR strategies.
- Perform regular analysis on earned and social activity. Report results and optimize tactics to maximize performance.
- Monitor trends (best practices, tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy) to continually recommend improvements.
- Other responsibilities as needed to support the marketing team including participation in after business hours events.
- Education and Experience: College degree in Marketing, Communications or related field plus minimum of four years of professional PR and Social Media experience required. Industry experience preferred.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Proven track record of success in social media and PR on the agency or client side. Passion for managing, creating and publishing original, high-quality content. Deep understanding of all social channels and audience growth tactics. Ability to analyze social and earned media, and optimize programs based on data. Skillfully handles inquiries from the public and media. Excellent verbal and written communication, and an ability to write for multiple mediums and audiences. Knows how to identify and resolve problems. Thrives both within a team and while working independently. Has strong organizational, time management and analytical skills. Bonus skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing and blogging.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: Valid driver’s license
Physical Demands: Long periods of time will be spent viewing personal computer, sitting, standing and walking. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Must be able to hear and speak clearly both face-to-face and over the phone.
Working Conditions: Normal office conditions, some travel required.
This job description summary is not intended to be an employment contract, nor is it intended to state or imply these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other duties as assigned or requested by their supervisor.
INTRUST Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, including INTRUST Bank, are Equal Opportunity Employers whose policy is not to discriminate unlawfully against any qualified employee or applicant for employment on the basis of protected military or veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal law; except where an individual’s protected category constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.Apply for this job