You’ve done some things you’re proud of and have the portfolio to prove it. We’re looking for you. Greteman Group is in search of an art director with killer instinct. Join a team with an international reputation for aviation marketing. Deploy your skill set in the Air Capital and work with some of the world’s leading brands. Design for every platform: digital, print, environmental. You’ll get the space and support to create here, plus a competitive salary, health benefits, paid holidays and a work environment that is big on wellness and means business when it comes to balance — we work sane hours. And do it with sharp creatives and cool clients. There’s a reason we are one of the region’s most respected employers. You should join us.
Greteman Group art directors collaborate with the creative director, copywriter and the production team. Good communication skills and the ability to work with a team are needed to successfully move projects through from concept to final delivery. We have earned a reputation for outstanding creative, so this position requires exceptional conceptual, aesthetic and design skills.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisor: Creative director
Positions Supervised: Graphic designer
- Contributes to the ideation process that leads to optimal creative and strategic solutions.
- Designs advertising and marketing materials according to strategic plans. Design may range from concept development only to full creative rollouts.
- Establishes and maintains the highest possible standards for materials created by our agency or vendors (digital, print, video, motion graphics, environmental).
- Develops information architecture and wireframes based on project requirements and applies interactive design best practices with a focus on a quality user experience.
- Creates motion graphics and animated GIFs.
- Liaises with programmers to ensure the integrity of interactive design execution.
- Works closely with brand managers for solutions that meet clients’ needs while maintaining creative excellence.
- Examines/approves finished art and supervises alterations or corrections.
- Has advanced working knowledge of computer design software/hardware and strives to stay current.
- Mentors and guides the design and production team to foster an inspiring work environment.
- Provides direction to department subordinates and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Informs the creative director on design-related hardware/software needs, problems, helpful training, etc.
- Art directs photoshoots or briefs photographer/videographers in advance if not present at the shoot.
- Oversees type specification, color quality, inspection/approval of pre-press proofs, selection of paper stocks.
- Conducts press checks (arranged by production department).
- Engages in personal development needed to stay current in our business and our clients.
- Meets established deadlines or provides reasonable notice of need for deadline extension.
- Works with production manager and creative director in selection of vendors, models, freelancers, broadcast talent, and outside sources/purchases needed to fulfill project production.
- Helps resourcing department maintain a list of current freelance talent.
- Attends client meetings and presents creative concepts as needed.
- Represents the agency at functions of creative/professional/civic organizations.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years’ experience with digital and interactive marketing.
Digital Expertise: Proven acumen with websites (particularly WordPress), animation, social media and interactive marketing (paid and earned).
Natural Organizer: Fluent in (or dives in and learns) presentation and organizational tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote and Excel.
Communicator: Simplifier and excellent conveyer of complicated information, verbally and in writing (meeting action items, creative rationale).
Team Player: Proactive, solutions orientation and displays the highest levels of professional integrity and confidentiality.
Igniter with Initiative: High-energy and self-driven. Strives to do better personally and helps the agency improve, too.
Innovator: Strategic in thinking things through and connecting the dots. Sees both the forest and the trees.
Balance: A passion to climb to new heights while understanding the need to replenish and live a full, healthy life.
Physical: Ability to focus for sustained periods, use a computer, talk to clients, perform repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement, occasionally move objects up to 15 pounds and see clearly at 20 inches or less.Apply for this job