Vice President of Development
Rainbows is empowering children and families and we’re seeking passionate and energetic candidates to consider for The Vice President of Development. As a leading not-for-profit organization providing vital services to children with special needs and their families we are driven by strong guiding principles and supported by a highly talented and committed work force.
The Vice President of Development is responsible for all aspects of fundraising and development activities for Rainbows United. This individual displays a passion for Rainbows and our mission, forging strong relationships to build the Agency’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops, implements, and oversees all fundraising and development activities for Rainbows United, Inc. and Rainbows United Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Provides vision, direction, and oversight to donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition, events, annual fund, special projects, endowment/planned giving, and capital campaigns.
- Fosters donor relationships and solicits major gifts for the Agency.
- Oversees Rainbow’s annual $1 million signature event, Fashion Passion.
- Oversees an annual fundraising budget of over $1 million dollars.
- Promotes the Agency within the community to ensure a broad base of funding resources.
- Serves as a public representative of the Agency, articulating the Agency’s mission and needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a successful team member on the Executive Leadership Team and to interact effectively with the Agency and Foundation Boards of Directors.
- Provides leadership to the Development Department staff, volunteers, and outside consultants.
- Assists Board Development Chair and Agency President with Board development activities.
- Serves as Agency Representative to Rainbows United Charitable Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors.
- Cultivates, develops and oversees private charitable foundation grant submissions and awards as a leader on the Grants Team.
- Administers and monitors fundraising and development revenues and expenses in relation to annual budget.
- Facilitates membership and activities of Agency auxiliary group, Friends of the Heart.
- The above job functions are representative and not meant to be all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Leadership, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in Development position, sales, or related field required.
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) upon employment.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising processes and adherence to professional codes of ethics.
- Strong relationship skills, with ability to work with a wide variety of individuals of all socio-economic statuses.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills to include a working knowledge of industry related software, Microsoft Office programs and graphics software.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work both independently and as a team member, and have excellent organizational skills. Skilled at group and volunteer facilitation.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
WORK PACE: Self-paced, requiring the ability to think and act quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position operates in a professional office environment, utilizing standard office equipment.