Foulston is seeking a Business Development Specialist in our Overland Park office. This position will be an integral part of the marketing team and will support the entire firm’s marketing and business development efforts by identifying, evaluating, building, and developing relationships that will benefit the firm. This person will support marketing and business development efforts both directly and by training, supporting, and facilitating lawyers to do so across all offices in Kansas City, Topeka, and Wichita.
- Assist in the creation of a business development plan to complement existing efforts by individual lawyers and teams
- Assist firm lawyers in building business development skills as directed by the marketing leadership
- Assist firm lawyers in creating and developing business development opportunities
- Develop and maintain a marketing/business development tracking process
- Analyze existing firm data and externally obtained data to develop a comprehensive understanding of the firm’s practice areas and the opportunities for the firm within practice areas, geographic areas, and other market opportunities.
- Build and manage a database of prospects for business and practice growth
- Obtain and analyze market intelligence for use in business development
- Serve as firm ambassador for targeting events
- Work with the team to plan, implement, and host events and other business development activities
- Periodic travel required; some night and weekend hours as needed to support firm business development events
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a customer/client-development role, with responsibility for building and maintaining relationships and helping bring in new and expanded business
- Experience with training and skills-building presentations and instruction
- Experience with using, developing, and maintaining databases with large datasets
- Interest and involvement in the Kansas City business community strongly preferred
- Experience in a professional service setting, especially legal services, strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superb interpersonal, organizational, and written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, professionalism, and follow through
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other relatable field; or comparable experience
- Experience with database management and analysis software preferred
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software preferred
Foulston proudly represents a diverse client base, ranging from individuals and emerging businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We believe that each of our team members is an important part of the Firm’s overall success. The Firm could not provide excellent legal services without superior attorneys and employees, which means we look for the very best at all levels of our organization.
Contributing to the communities in which we live and work is an important part of our Firm’s values. Our attorneys and staff are involved with many charitable, civic, and community organizations that provide needed resources and help make our cities great places to live.
Foulston offers a robust benefits package, and we strive to provide a positive work environment that is both professionally and financially rewarding. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position will be FT in-office for a period of time before becoming eligible to apply for participation in the firm’s work from home program.
Qualified candidates may apply for this position by completing the online application via the link on this page. Please include your resume and a cover letter with your application. Foulston is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining an environment of diversity and inclusion.